Yes....yours truly (and baby) won the "active baby contest" at Dr Maxwell's office on Monday. I had an ultrasound to make sure all was okay after a little scare this weekend. She wouldn't let me see the screen until she knew everything was clear, but as I watch her watching the screen, I got very curious. She has the "ultrasound wand thingy" moving all over my stomach. I asked her if she was looking for something in particular since she was all over the place. She explained that she was moving as much as she was because the baby was moving so much. And of course, my response is "Moving????? Seriously, the baby is moving and you can see it on the screen??" Sure enough, she turned the monitor toward me and that little bundle of joy was jumping all over the place! I got to see arms and legs moving like crazy. The baby got still for a minute so she wiggled my tummy to wake him/her up. It worked. I got to see the baby's spine - that was so cool! I was then awarded the winner of the active baby contest - very proud moment for our family!!!
Since it was a last minute thing, Ben had to work and couldn't be there. He couldn't believe that the little dot on the screen that we've seen so many times is actually moving and you can see baby characteristics. The nurse gave me a copy of the ultrasound so I can show off our little "active baby". You can see the nose, mouth, arms and legs - and I thought hearing the heartbeat was the best thing...I was wrong.
We go back on May 21st at 8:30 for our 16 week check up and another ultrasound. Can't wait to see how much the baby has grown.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment