Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

We're having another boy!!!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sick Baby

Kevin has a stomach bug and poor Ben is home with him. I was woken up this morning to a push on the back and a "Candi, I need you!" quickly following. I got up wondering what in the world could be happening at 3:00 in the morning that Ben would need me. That question was answered when I walked into Kevin's room and immediately saw and smelled throw up all over the room. Poor little guy took his 4 oz bottle and threw it all up. I laid him on his changing table to clean him up while Ben took a shower and next thing I knew, he was throwing up again...this time it got all in his hair. Out came the bath tub. Yes...Ben and I were giving Kevin a bath at 3:30 in the morning! I started a load of clothes since he had gone through 3 onesies (and burp rags) in 30 minutes and the last round of throw up made it all over his changing pad....not to mention the fact that Ben had gone through just as many clothes as Kevin!

Round 2 started after his next feeding at 7:00 this morning - luckily he had only gotten down 2 oz before he got sick. I left the house at 8:00 and both my little guys were sound asleep. We have instruction from the pediatrician and we'll start those when Kevin (and Ben) wake up from their morning nap. Yay for daddy being willing to stay home and take care of a sick baby!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Bless your hearts! Poor Kevin and Ben! Hopefully he will get well soon!

leiGh said...

how is little kevin doing??...feeling better yet??