As you can tell from my lack of posting this past month – our lives have been very busy!!!! Our house is officially done…they installed the heater in our bathroom just this week and that was the finishing touch on the project. We’re so happy it is finished and we are loving our house. Yes, I know pictures have not been posted – I hope to do them soon.
We cannot believe Kevin will be 18 months in a few days! Time has gone by so fast but we sure are loving this stage. He is talking up a storm – some we understand some we don’t! His sign language has been a life saver though. He will talk and sign which helps us understand those first words a little better! His potty training is going good.
Daycare sits him on the potty 4 or 5 times a day of which he’ll actually tee tee once or twice. He continues to go at home on a regular basis including waking up dry and going potty first thing in the morning! We’re so proud of him and hope his progress continues. He doesn’t recognize it as a chore just yet and because he’s still so young – we’re in no rush and I think he can sense that.
His paci transition in March went perfect! He spent the first week asking for it and then a few nights crying for it and that was it! After that first week we gathered as many of his pacis we could find and threw them all away. It was a wonderful moment for all of us! I would have preferred to break him of it when he turned a year but I was determined to have it done by the time he turned 18 months. I never thought he would have taken to the change so quickly and in less than a week be paci free!!! He’s such a big boy.
I do have a feeling they are transitioning him at school very soon! Yesterday I picked him up in a different room which usually means they are getting him used to other teachers and a new environment. 2 promotions in less than a year – not sure if mommy can handle that! He used to look so small when I dropped him off and now he looks like a big boy playing with all his friends. He drinks out of a real cup now – no lid!!! We do sippy cups for car rides but at home and school – he’s lid-free J
I hope at some point during our busy weekend I have time to post a few pictures. I have very cute Easter pictures and a few bluebonnet pictures from last weekend.
Friday, May 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow! Kevin is transitioning into a little man! I can't believe he is doing so good with the training and paci! 18 months! YEAH!!!
I meant to do this last night.I read back the very beginning of your blog and got very emotional. I just wanted to wish you a big Happy Mother's Day! :o)
Post a Comment