I know when Kevin is entering high school years down the road this little “problem” will seem like such a small thing but in our world now it’s big….maybe bigger for mom than anyone else but I’m the mama and he’s my world so don’t judge!
When I picked Kevin up from daycare last night I was informed that he has started biting his friends. Not just here and there but like 7 kids in 2 days. He thinks it’s a joke and likes the reaction from the kids and teachers. We on the other hand find zero humor in his little discovery and are trying to put a stop to it immediately. Now some have said “it’s a phase”, “he’ll grow out of it”, or “you just need to be patient and work with him”. To that I say “WHATEVER!!!” He knows full well what he’s doing and regardless of a phase or teething or whatever excuse you want to give, he’s almost 2 years old and like everything else in life, there are consequences for your actions. Unfortunately for Kevin, mommy works across the street from his daycare which means his consequence is mommy leaving work to walk over and fix the problem (if you know what I mean!!!). Judge if you must but we waited years and worked hard for this little boy – he’s not going to be a brat.
I fully believe in praying for your kids, even in the small things. So if you’re reading this, please pray for Kevin and his teachers, Miss Tori and Miss Blair, as they work with him to get past this stage. And pray for us as we love our child and help him learn right from wrong.
Friday, September 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh my gosh this made me laugh out loud! You are too funny, I can see momma now walking across that street on a mission! I bet Kevin quickly learns not to bite. And what a blessing to be able to be right across the street so that you can handle the situation yourself.
I will be praying for y'all and I know it's so hard to see your child making the wrong choices when you so want them to make the right ones.
Keep up the good work momma!
Love,
LeAnn
Sure wished some of my parents felt the same way. That's what we call tough love. Our kids turned out just fine. And you should know you married one. Kevin knows you love him very much. As the old saying goes If you do the crime, you pay the consequences. I love all 3 of you so very much. You and Ben are doing a super job.
g-mama
Ugh! I know your frustration! Andy was biting his friends at that age too! I hated it and didn't understand it. Just be consistent-he will get it at some point! Little boys can be so stubborn!
Post a Comment