Step one of the decision making process started today when we finally decided to go with Children's Hope International as our adoption agency. The staff's strong faith in God, coupled with ours, makes this process even more exciting. I know I speak for Ben when I say that we both feel God's hand and His control in our lives.
The word "control" has a completely different meaning to us now. A year and a half ago when we decided we wanted to start a family, we thought we had control over the situation. God told us VERY quickly that we didn't. We began praying from that point on for His guidance and to give us wisdom. We completely and whole-heartedly gave our baby over to God.
What an amazing year and half we've had. Never in a million years would we have thought that God would allow us to adopt a baby! What an honor that God would trust us with...not with just any baby...a baby that He created for us. A baby that He, in all His wisdom, hand-picked for us to love.
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Not flesh of my flesh,
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own,
And don't forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart but in it.
You have no idea just how much your life will change. I know, I know, you're hearing that a lot lately, but there are no words to express just how wonderful your life will be. I thought I had a grasp on what "happiness" meant this time last year. I had no way of understanding just how much a child can change your concept of "happiness". It's a hard road getting to that child, but IT IS the will of God and it's the most amazing journey you'll ever experience.
Lavona
Post a Comment