I think the #1 question everyone has asked us is "how long". Well, here's your answer....
- September 28: Application submitted to Children's Hope International (CHI).
- approved in 2 weeks
- After approval, 2-4 months - Home Study and Immigration paperwork process
- Dossier **pronounced dosea*** (paperwork, application, immigration paperwork, fingerprints, etc.) go to Vietnam.
- Waiting period 4-5 months (for a boy) after Dossier arrives in Vietnam. We will be contacted within that time frame when our baby is identified - also known as a referral.
- After we receive our referral, we travel to Vietnam in 4-5 months.
- We will spend 14-18 days in Vietnam. While there, we stand before a judge, with the baby, to get Vietnam's blessing. After that, we spend our days bonding with our baby, site seeing, meeting other families and learning as much about the Vietnam culture as possible.
- When we travel back home, the baby is automatically a US citizen.
In summary, the longest this process will take is 14 months. The shortest is 10 months! All in all, this time next year, we'll either be packing or unpacking.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Ben&Candi- I'm so very excited for the 2 of you. As I read about your journey the emotions got to me. I know deep down in my heart God has big plans and this is one of the biggest. You both will be the best,loving, caring mommy&daddy in
the world. You are truely blessed.
Love- mom aka G-MOMMA
p.s. when can I baby sit? lol
To our special baby boy-
I'm so excited for your mommy & daddy to get someone as special as
you. You will be smothered with love not only mommy and daddys but
frfom your whole extended family.(which isn't very small) We will keep in touch.anxiously waiting for our meeting day.
LOVE YOU BUNCHES- G-MOMMA
PRECIOUS LITTLE BUNDLE OF JOY!
Ben and Candi, PaPa and Mimi are so happy for you. This was exciting news for your family. God will bless you both for your love you are extending.
Can't wait please keep us posted.
Love Ted Earl and Cassie
Post a Comment