Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

We're having another boy!!!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, June 06, 2008

Rotavirus...and some good news!

I picked Kevin up early from daycare for his 2:00 doctor's appointment. While waiting to be seen, Kevin got sick and threw up all over the waiting room chair and floor! And since I worked in their office for 3 years, I quickly asked for towels so I could clean it up. Yes, what a concept...cleaning up your own child's vomit. I hated it when parents would come up to the window to let me know that their child - regardless of the age - just threw up all over the place. Seriously? Get some towels and clean it up. Nobody wants to touch your child's throw up.

Anyhow....Kevin's right ear looked good. Still a little red but the infection was clearing up. However, since Kevin hasn't been able to keep anything down for several days, we had him checked out. Diagnosis: Rotavirus! Yuck. We're only able to give him 1 oz of clear liquids every hour. Yeah..he's loving that. He sucks down the ounce and just looks at us like we're crazy. He is loving his apple juice and his flavored Pedialyte (thanks to daddy for picking up the good stuff!) Sleep is not on his to do list since he can't get his tummy full enough to allow him to sleep. So glad it's the weekend so we can get him better. Swim lessons have been delayed until June 23rd.

Praise God for clear ears and that he hasn't gotten dehydrated. Praying for a quick recovery and that the people who have come in contact with Kevin (especially Ben and I) don't get sick.

No comments: