Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

We're having another boy!!!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

He's gonna walk before they get home!

My parents are getting a flight out of New Orleans on Wednesday and they are finally coming home!!!! YAY!

While visiting our next door neighbors this evening, Kevin was so amazed and distracted by their dog, he stood up on his own for at least 20 seconds...longer than he ever has. The dog moved and Kevin followed. YEP - he took his first steps tonight. After 2 steps, he sat down like it was no big deal. Ben and I kept looking at each other in shock like IS HE REALLY DOING THIS???? He seriously just took his first steps - in our neighbor's drive way.

My baby isn't a baby anymore.

He's drinking from a sippy cup, eating all table food (we said good-bye to baby food last week), sleeping through the night, scheduled naps, and now trying to walk. Where did the year go? He's growing up so fast. Oh, did I mention his only word..besides da-da...is "woof". He repeats this over and over again when he hears a dog bark. He tries to say "uh-oh" and "ma-ma" every once in a while.

He's such a blessing to us and if it is even possible, we seem to fall in love with him more each day. He's definitely our little man and a gift from God.

2 comments:

Meet the Huffstetlers said...

WHAT! I'm gone three weeks and your little man is doing so much! I can't believe how fast he's growing up. I love that his first word is "woof". Could that be more appropriate?!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kevin can't wait to see this great adventure your acheiving
You are definitly one of my favorite grandsons. I just love watching you become so independant.
LOVE YOU BUNCHES--
g-momma