1) My wonderful and faithful husband of 7 years. He supports our family and is a great dad to Kevin. He’s a hard worker and my spiritual leader.
2) Both our jobs!! I received a promotion to Supervisor in 2006 and work in a great clinic for wonderful doctors. I have great staff that I enjoy working with and being a part of their lives. We spend more time with each other than we do our own families and I wouldn’t want to spend that time with anyone else. They each have their own strengths that pull us together to make one amazing office. Ben also received a promotion earlier this year to Supervisor and works for a great police department. I’m thankful both our jobs have given us the ability to put Kevin in a great daycare….which leads me to the 3rd thing I am thankful for.
3) Kevin’s daycare and teachers. When the financial responsibility of daycare came upon us in March, we didn’t know if we could afford this daycare for Kevin. God has blessed us above and beyond what we could have even imagined. Kevin has a great daycare and great teachers that love him and are patient with his little personality. He is also located across the street from me at work which is another huge blessing.
4) Our church. We were welcomed with open arms when we returned to my “home” church in February. God burdened us with this about a year before Kevin was born. We struggled not knowing what we should do and after Kevin was born, we began visiting other churches. God lead us back to Spring Valley Baptist church and it’s been wonderful.
5) My friends. I’m so thankful for the friends in my life. I’m thankful all of them are Christians and share the same values and morals. I’m thankful that no conversation is TMI (Elizabeth) and we can talk and work through problems together.
6) No tubes for Kevin. The pediatrician just knew for sure that Kevin would have needed tubes in his ears by the time he was a year old. Praise God is ear infections cleared up and his ears are perfect.
7) New apartment for Gail and Leslie. God blessed Ben’s mom and sister and allowed them to move closer to us and into great apartments. God continues to provide for them financially.
8) Our house. We have been in our house for almost 7 years! We have been able to do some remodeling here and there and make it our own. We lived in this house when it was just the two of us. 8 months later we brought home a very hyper 1 year old beagle who we named Jersey. In July 2006, we brought home a 5 week old Dachshund named Meghan. We decided no more dogs and brought home Kevin William Sasser on November 7th, 2007. Thank you God for a nice house to raise our dogs and kids!
9) Dependable cars. We have 2 very dependable cars…one of which is paid off!
10) And last but not least – our families. Both sets of grandparents live within a few miles from our house. They take such good care of us and love Kevin to pieces. I’m thankful my grandmother is still alive and is able to enjoy her great-grandson.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment