Yay for Kevin! He gets to start baby food tonight. Can you tell I'm excited? He's been watching us eat for several weeks and is getting bored with his nightly cereal/formula mixture. I just know he's going to love eating something with flavor.
We're getting a food processor from my grandmother on Sunday and then starts the fun of me making his food. Yes, you read it right - I am going to make Kevin's food!!! For those of you out there that doubt me (mainly because my breastfeeding went from 1year to 6 weeks), I am very serious about doing this. It's easy (thanks to my friend Elizabeth for explaining the process over and over again) and it's cheaper. His doctor did recommend that we buy some baby food to find out what he likes before purchasing the fruits and veggies to make it ourselves. And that's just what we did.
His check up went great. He weighed 14 lbs 12 oz and was 26 inches. That's 80% for his height and 50% for his weight. The doctor was amazed that Kevin could role over from back to front and then back again. He's so talented! He got 5 yucky shots, cried his little eyes out...tears and all....and then spent 5 minutes laughing at daddy while he got him dressed. Did I mention that when I pulled up the doctor's office, Ben and Kevin were sitting on the curb watching the cars drive by? I wish I had my camera. Kevin was sitting on the ground like a big boy with his hand on Ben's knee!!! They are so cute together.
I'm off to decide what Kevin will eat for dinner tonight! I'll post pictures of his baby food experience tomorrow.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment