We are learning a new song in choir at church and it has really touched me. I think about the family members that have passed away during my lifetime... my great-grandfather, great-grandmother, both grandfathers, grandmother, aunt, uncle and father in law. When I think about these loved ones I like to think that one day when I arrive in Heaven we will have this conversation.
It will be 9 years on March 26th that my grandfather left this earth to be with his Savior. It is him that I think of when I hear this song. I miss him so much and wish he could have been here when I got married and now to see Kevin. Enjoy the words to the song.....
If I leave this world of sorrow
Sometime before you do.
Just look for me in Heaven
And we'll talk the ages through.
But if at first you fail to see me
Let me tell you where I'll be.
I'll be thanking Christ, My Savior
For saving a wretch like me
But if you should reach that city
Before my time has come.
Perhaps, you'd like to greet me
When my race down here is run
Just wait for I'll soon be coming
Across life's ebbing sea
And I'll tell you now, dear loved one
Just where to wait for me
Don't look beneath the gates of peal
Don't look on the streets of gold
Don't look by the walls of jasper
Nor among the many sights untold.
For I've been longing and I've waiting
For the Precious, Holy One to see.
There I'll be through the countless ages.
Look for me at Jesus' feet.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment