Last night was great! I haven't admitted it yet but Kevin has been sleeping with me for the last week... Poor Ben has been sleeping in the living room on an air mattress. This started when Kevin went through his growth spurt last week and was wanting to eat every hour. I was exhausted and when he fell asleep one night, I layed down with him and what do you know - he slept for like 4 hours. I thought "great, I can do this every night" and I did! I was about one feeding away from not breastfeeding anymore but getting sleep last week helped me stick with it.
For the most part, he is on a great schedule. I find myself feeding him around the same time every day and he usually falls asleep around the same time, too. I knew if I didn't get him back in his crib - he couldn't continue to build a schedule. At first I thought it would be harder on him and that he would miss me - not a chance! He slept great last night and after putting him down the first time, I was the one missing him. I can't even explain how wonderful it was to lay him next to me and for him to look up at me before he fell asleep. I still managed to get in a 2 hour nap with him this afternoon but officially at night, he is sleeping in his crib. Ben should be thrilled that he gets to return to his bed tonight!!!
The pediatrician is adding a reflux medicine to see if in addition to the Prevacid it will help more. We are going to the hospital on Thursday to get a reflux ultrasound to see what's going on inside his little body. We hope that his reflux can be controlled with medicine. He's gaining weight so I can't imagine that he'll need anything else.
He's starting to smile more and turns his head in the direction of our voices. He's so much fun and we love him so much. I am now in the process of preparing Ben for him time off with Kevin. Trying to give him tips and advice so he doesn't go crazy!
Also, please keep the Franklin family in your prayers. They are giving birth to their son Deren today! It's been a long hard pregnancy and we're praying for a healthy baby that gets to go home with mom.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment