Things change by the day... Kevin was going 4 hours between feedings for about a week. I thought a schedule was actually forming. I was wrong! I think he's learning that if he eats less but more often his tummy doesn't hurt....and that's exactly what he's doing. He eats (which takes about 30-45 min) and sits up for an addition 30 minutes to make sure he doesn't spit up. After that it takes a good 30 minutes for him to fall asleep. So basically from the time he falls asleep - he's only asleep for maybe 2 hours before he's ready to eat again.
I've been trying to think positive about the whole situation. I look at him at 2 in the morning and think "aren't you tired?" and "how are you hungy again?" And then I think.... Some nights I sleep better than others and some meals I eat better than others. Who can blame him for wanting to eat a lot at some feedings? And he's only 5 weeks old - I know he's not going to sleep though the night yet...especially since he's breastfed. So we take one day at a time and love every minute of it. He's just precious when he wakes up (all 4 times a night!!). I get the biggest smiles during those times. It's like God's little way of reminding me how blessed we are to have him even though I'm so tired I wonder how I'll make it though the day.
Didn't make it to church today. Ben worked 2am-6am and then came home. It's about 40 degrees outside, dark and raining - staying in a nice warm bed sounded so much better at 7:00 this morning! And that's exactly what we did...
Sunday, December 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment