Today Kevin and I visited the ER.... He started spitting up and having diarrhea yesterday and since his midnight feeding - he wasn't keeping anything down. I talked to the nurse at the hospital and she said to go ahead and take him into the ER. Of course...it has to be on a day that Ben is at work and my parents are already at church. I was in tears most of the way to the hospital but pulled it together before we got there. Kevin hasn't really slept the last 2 nights (except when he sleeps in my arms) but what do you know...we get the hospital and he passes out. We were there 2 hours and he slept almost the entire time! The doctor said he has a stomach bug and there isn't much we can do. They gave him some medicine to help with the nausea and vomiting. It seems to have worked because he hasn't spit up since we've been home. Oh..and I was worried that all the fluid he was losing would cause him to lose weight. Yeah right - our chunky monkey weighed in at 9 lbs 9oz (with clothes)!!! He's eating good and even though he's lost a lot over the past few days, he must have some in reserve or something!!!
We got home, both ate lunch and took a good nap. Daddy is home now and is loving on Kevin. We're planning on staying in for the next week until he gets to feeling better and we're limiting his visitors. This last week was too much for his little body. He's getting into a good routine (eating and sleeping) so we're going to continue working on that and hope it continues.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That sounds scary! Glad to hear everyone is recovering.
I'm glad to hear everything is better now! Please don't hesitate to call me if you ever need ANYTHING! I'm not far away and would be happy to help, even if you just want someone there so you don't have to be alone. Just a thought!
Post a Comment