Saturday, April 12, 2008
Another 1st for Kevin...An Ear Infection
Kevin has experienced yet another first in his short 5 months. He has his first ear infection. I knew something was wrong with him other than the URI but was told that a fever for several days was normal. Ben stayed home with him on Thursday and I stayed home yesterday. I kept thinking he'd get better since he was home away from daycare germs. After his afternoon nap he woke up crying..pretty normal for him..but this cry didn't stop. After 30 minutes, I woke up Ben and called the hospital triage nurse. She said to take him to the ER and thought he could have an ear infection. I knew it!! He had been pulling at that left ear for over a week now and he's just not getting any better. I decided that spending my entire Saturday in the ER with lots of very sick children was not my cup of tea so I headed to the Urgent Care Center instead. I arrived a 3:30, was back in a room by 4:15 and out the door by 4:30. Diagnosis: Left ear infection. We have an antibiotic and ear drops for the pain. We came home and Kevin ate some green beans and downed a 6 oz bottle. He hasn't done that in a week. We're on the road to recovery. Thank goodness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment