There are a lot of things I said I would NEVER do when I became a mom. Please tell me there are others out there that said the same thing? In an effort to become Mother of the Year or at least be nominated - I said I would never:
* Allow my child to be a "paci baby". 5 months later - he loves his paci. He can't go to sleep without it and when he's fussy, we pop it in immediately.
* Allow my child to sleep with me. 5 months later - he has slept with me so many times I've lost count. There was that wonderful 2 weeks when I was breastfeeding that he didn't leave my side (day or night) and several naps here and there. Now that he's sick, he's ended up in bed with me the past 2 nights just so I can get some sleep.
* Allow my child to sleep on his tummy. Kevin was 2 days old when he began sleeping on his tummy. Before that, we laid him on his back and he would sleep for maybe 30 minutes. On his tummy...he'd sleep for 3 hours. Wasn't that hard of a decision. He loved sleeping like that and I couldn't bare to make him sleep on his back. I lost lots of sleep the first several months worrying about SIDS but he sure did sleep good!
* Allow my child to ride in a car with someone other than myself or Ben. I still haven't broken this one! He has been in the car with someone else driving, but one of us is with him.
Kevin is still not feeling good. He had me up all night coughing and running fever again. This time when I got up at 2:00 - his eyes were swollen shut. Poor baby was trying everything to open his eyes but eventually gave up. I am so ready for this junk to be over with!
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment